top of page

Current Members

Please find below a range of useful member information. For contact details mentioned, please consult the club's rule book.  


Membership Renewal for 2025

In mid to late December 2024, members will be invited to renew once annual fees are finalised. This will be advised in the AGM Newsletter.

Reporting concerns



ANY concerns observed by members regarding any illegal activity, poaching, pollution, misuse of the tagging system, etc,
please phone the Club Bailiff (telephone number on rear of membership card and in rule book).

ANY suspicious activity on the river please phone the Police on:-101 and quote “Operation Traverse” and /or contact the Environment Agency on:- 0800 807060 - Please check out the new web page and apps available on Android Play Store and Apple Appstore to download to your mobile phone. This provides a new and convenient way to register any concerns direct to Durham Police’s control room, as an 'electronic' 101 call.

ANY anti-social or threatening behaviour or harassment please phone the Police on 101 or use


For any emergency or escalating situation - IMMEDIATELY CALL 999

During the 2023 season the club escorted 14 illegal anglers from our beats and there was a serious incident on our estate waters which was an emergency situation where 999 should have been called immediately. Please be vigilant and follow these reporting guidelines to the letter.


Bankside maintenance

Please report all bankside maintenance issues to Michael Donkin, Bankside Maintenance Officer, either by email, or by calling either of the two dedicated CDAC telephone numbers, (see Club Rule Book). Ideally, supply a photograph or photographs of the problem(s) and use the ‘what3words’ app, Google maps or a National Grid reference number to indicate the location. Also, please supply your name and contact telephone number. Please note that bankside maintenance is currently ran by club volunteers.

Shopping trolleys in the river or bankside

Please use the following link: This is a very simple task and proving to be very effective in their speedy removal.

Avian Flu

If you find dead wild waterfowl (e.g. swans, geese or ducks) or other dead wild birds, such as gulls or birds of prey on the river bank, you should report them to the Defra helpline (03459 33 55 77). Do not touch or pick up any dead or visibly sick birds that you find. For further information see advice for the public here:

Pink Salmon

Members have reported catches of Pink Salmon. This is an invasive species that should be humanely dispatched when caught and reported to a club official. Please note these fish are inedible and more quickly undergo bodily change or 'colour' up when entering fresh water, relative to our native Atlantic Salmon. For more information please download this leaflet below, from the Environment Agency. It is speculated that the origin of the Pink Salmon in local rivers is related to Russian stocking of Baltic rivers in the 1960s.

Red skin disease

A new report on report on Red Skin Disease from the Environment Agency’s National Fisheries Laboratory and NRW provides the latest guidance. In recent years there have been reports of small numbers of wild salmon caught in Scandinavia, Ireland and parts of the UK with signs of ventral haemorrhaging. We are monitoring the situation on all our major salmon rivers and working with partners to better understand the cause. Please report any similar sightings, or fish in distress to the Environment Agency.

Submitting catch returns

The club needs to report annual catch returns as a contractual obligation of being allowed to fish the land belonging to the riparian owners. This is why Club Regulation 18 is in everyone's interests to ensure timely reporting and continuity of our fishing rights; 'Any member who fails to submit the return in time but wishes to rejoin the club the following season will be required to pay the full subscription plus a £50 excess.'


Every Full member must submit an official format catch return of game fish caught to the Club Secretary by no later than 30th November of the relevant year, even if nothing was caught. A catch return may be Submitted via the catch returns web page  (which usually goes live near the end of the season), handed to the Secretary at the AGM or posted to the Secretary, (members are advised to obtain proof of postage - supplied free of charge at any Post Office). 

Guest permits

A Full member may purchase a Guest Permit to take a friend fishing on Club  waters, (see Rule Book Tagging Rule 13.4) but must ensure that the guest has a current and valid EA Rod Licence. Members are totally responsible for the overall conduct of their guests & must fish within 50 yards of them at ALL TIMES. Once used, the Permit, with the Catch Return section completed, must be returned to the issuing Official, within 48 hours of the date of use. Cancellation of a Guest Permit for a full refund or a change of date of validity will only be allowed under exceptional circumstances. If granted, the Permit must be immediately returned to the issuing Official for cancellation or amendment. Any member failing to comply with any of these conditions will be prohibited from obtaining a Guest Permit for the rest of the season. Fees per day:- Brown Trout and Coarse Fish £10, Salmon and Sea Trout £20.

Exchange permits

CDAC, along with the following Angling Clubs, has an Exchange Permit scheme, subject to conditions. The Permit holder must be a member of this Club, (CDAC). No Exchange Permits will be issued to a Junior member unless they are accompanied
by a Senior member with an Exchange Permit. Please note - no Exchange Permits will be issued on a Sunday.


Angling Clubs                       
Willington A/C                              
Big Waters A/C                             
Washington & Harrington A/C           
Eltringham Water                             


Permits can be obtained from the Chairperson and must be returned within 48 hours of issue. Failure to do so will result in that members being refused any Exchange permit for the rest of the season.

Lumley Grange Farm

When accessing the Club’s water via Lumley Grange Farm, members need to  obtain a key fob & manual key to gain access through the gates. The key & fob are available from either the Chairperson or Mr. Stewart Tully. 24 hours’ notice is required & members have 48 hours in which to return them. Each fob has individual coding so records can be kept by the riparian owners as to who uses them & when they are used.

bottom of page